Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update on the Great Escape

We're getting closer to the event. I'm getting pretty excited and look forward to rendezvousing with you all!

I need you all to rsvp to my email for certain which events you want to participate in and I will make the reservations this week. The events we need to reserve are the trail ride and parasailing. Most of us are novices at fly/fishing but if you would like a lesson let me know and I'll round one up for us!

I need to contact the park to find out how they want me to check everyone in, i.e. assign a name to a campsite or what...so I'll have that info out to you soon.

Dinners will be together as a group every evening, breakfast and lunch will be on your own.

Thursday evening dinner is on me. Any food allergies I need to know about?

Friday is the campfire cuisine meal, where we will all contribute a food item or two to build our own gormet tin foil dinners.

Saturday is cast iron cooking potluck. You can cook a dutch oven or cast iron fry pan dish, or if you would prefer, bring a crock pot and we'll let you get away with that this time! You can google some great cast iron and dutch oven recipes that look simple enough.

Sunday I'm open for dinner ideas so let me know what you might like to do for that meal.

It's nice to end each evening sitting around a campfire. Bring your own bottle and feel free to share if so inclined. If you don't drink, no biggie, a non alcoholic drink is just as nice around the fire.

If you have a creative side bring any projects you might like to work on. There will also be plenty of local events and culture to explore. If you have never been to the Wallowas it is absolutely beautiful and should be pleasantly mild with the leaves just starting to turn. Pack clothing for warm as well as cooler weather.

Bring whatever creature comforts you would like to decorate your camp and make yourself as comfortable and pampered as possible! If you forget something, there are several local stores to pick up those items.

Bring cowboy boots, aprons, cowgirl hats, camp attire, whatever. It's a time to be as creative and fun as you would like.

Please send in the balance of your $100 by the end of August. I apologize for the confusion on fees earlier, campsites are $84 for the four nights, plus a $6 reservation fee, and the remaining $10 will go toward some little treat and surprises for everyone, as well as general supplies that we'll all use.

I welcome your ideas and input. This is OUR event and I want you to have a great time! Fair warning, we attract a bit of attention so be prepared for the curious visitors!

1 comment:

  1. The Great Escape sounds wonderful! I shall be participating in the trail ride, the parasailing, the shopping, the tram, and, of course, the fishing. If there is interest in a lesson sign me up. I've done some fly-fishing but not regularly and could use a refresher. I'll probably bring a dessert for the Dutch oven cooking and the fixings for Old Fashions. See you all there

    ReplyDelete